You Got Gold - John Prine
City of New Orleans
The Piano -2015 songwriters finals - original
Don't Mess with Jim
Memories & Mileage (Mitch's Song)
Something - James Taylor
In 2009, Brad Hooper took his talent off the farm and onto the stage. (He finally learned how to play the guitar last Tuesday at 4 p.m.) Hooper is a much sought after area entertainer and maintains a solid schedule of professional shows. His talent has earned the respect of fans, friends, booking contacts and contemporary peers.
Most recently, singer-songwriter Brad Hooper was recognized as a nominee for the Just Plain Folks 2017 Music Awards. Hooper is a two-time Maine Songwriters Contest finalist and a 2013 Portland Phoenix Best Music nominee. “I didn’t see these coming but was quite happy for the recognition of both my talent and hard work,” says Hooper.
Hooper’s vocal quality often has him pegged as a ‘blues man,’ but his content spans many genres making it difficult to pigeonhole the guy. Americana, roots, blues, folk, country, you’ll have to decide for yourself. The timber and raw emotion of his vocal-styling are clearly Hooper’s trademark. Genre aside, his first review seems to have hit the mark: “Brad Hooper is the real deal. No flash, no gimmicks, just solid guitar playing and soulful vocals.” — (http://thebollard.com/2009/07/15/brad-hooper/)
With his signature hat and shades in place, Hooper sets his passions in motion and fills the moment with insightfully-written original songs and unique-renditions of songs that have marked his way. Sit back and enjoy the ride, it’s clear Hooper still does. Read more...
"This dude plays and sings with real soul and knows how to write a song." ( see his album, Midnight at the Hilltop Hotel for proof.)
"Brad possesses the qualities of a first-class songwriter with a classic voice to match! There is a real [John Prine, Neil Young] 'thing' going on here and people need to hear it." Michael Rizzo - Award-winning producer with EpicSoul.com (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, UNIVERSAL, DISNEY, etc.)
"The opener, 'Sinkin' Kind of Feelin',' is piano-fueled blues, almost dead-on Royal Albert Hall-era Clapton...highly listenable. When Hooper tells us 'if it wasn't for them blues, when I got this low, I'd have nothin' at all,' it spills out of him, like it was forced from within."
*Includes recent short bio and two photos
- 2017 Just Plain Folks Music Awards nominee
- Two-time Maine Songwriters Association finalist (2014,15)
- North Atlantic Blues Festival weekend - Waterworks (yearly)
- Portland Phoenix Best Music Poll (2013)
- Chicago Debut - Goose Island Wrigleyville (2013)
- Outdoor Concert Series in Cambridge, MA (2013 to present)
- Third CD released: Scratchin' out a Livin' (2013)
- Maine Blues Festival yearly performer
- Brief cameo in RSN TV commercial for Sunday River.
- Great Falls TV show - 40 minute live performance.
- Maine Songwriters Association Showcase performer (multiple locations, dates)
- Second CD released: Memories & Mileage (2011)
- Piedmont-blues style finger picker Mary Flower (Awarded Vox Populi “Acoustic Song of the Year 2011”) begins recording for New CD.
- Music City's first call session bassist Larry Paxton begins recording for New EP scheduled for release in 2011/2012
- Signed contract with Award-winning producer Michael Rizzo (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, UNIVERSAL, DISNEY, etc) – Epic Soul Music (2011)
- Air play on WCLZ, WBLM, WMPG
- Debut CD review - The Bollard by editor Chris Buzby (2009)
- WMPG Live - Multiple appearances
- Front Page story in The Advertiser Democrat (2009)
- Debut CD released: – Midnight at the Hilltop Hotel (2009)
- Punctual and Professional
- Appropriate Attire
- Active Self-Promoter
- Resorts & Traditional Venues
- Corporate & Private Functions
- Festivals & Fairs
- Session Work
...or just playing by the fire for you